Development throughout the lifespan
Your Critical Assignment for this course is to assess gait (walking) development throughout the lifespan. However, before we can walk, there are essential physiological components that must be developed. For this weeks assignment, reference and cite the chapters read and lectures to identify and discuss the basic growth and development of the human body throughout the lifespan (prenatal-death). Your paper should be 2-4 pages and include the following factors:
- Key landmarks in embryonic and fetal growth
- Importance of fetal nourishment
- Factors that can lead to potential abnormal prenatal development
- Overall growth (briefly discuss topics that include sex differences, height, weight, aging, environmental factors, etc.)
- Current theories and principles of motor development (Chapter 2 would be a good place to start)
All written submissions should reflect professionalism in grammar, spelling, writing style/format (one-inch margins, double spaced, typed in 12-point Times New Roman font), include APA citations when appropriate, an appropriate title page, and be uploaded as .doc or .docx document. At least two scholarly resources should be used and properly cited.