For the Unit 4 Complete assignment, write a narrative essay (minimum of 1200 words) which addresses the questions and statements below. When finished, the essay should demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and ATTEND sections. A minimum of three scholarly sources are required, and all sources should be cited and referenced in APA format.
- What is the most profound way in which e-commerce and the Internet have changed the relationship between companies and their customers?
- List and describe at least five different Internet business models. Which of these models do you think would be the riskiest for a startup business today? Support your answer
- Describe some of the ways we use machine learning technologies every day.
- Explain why even well-designed information systems do not always help improve a firm’s decision making.
- You are the CIO at an insurance firm and a manager has proposed implementing expensive new project management software that would help increase the efficiency of the IT staff. The idea of improved efficiency sounds good, but is there any way you can evaluate her decision before purchasing the software? Be specific.
Textbook(s): Laudon, K. C., & Laudon, J. P. (2020). Management information systems: Managing the digital firm (16th ed.). Pearson.
Course Description: Managing Information Systems explores the relationship between hardware, software, systems, and humans in the organizational context.