Topic 1: Foundational Issues In Christian Spirituality And Ethics
- Explain the nature of spirituality and ethics according to the Christian worldview.
- Explain the limitations of science as it relates to ethics.
- Explain the current philosophical challenges to a Christian understanding of ethics in health care.
What would spirituality be according to your own worldview? How do you believe that your conception of spirituality would influence the way in which you care for patients?
What aspects of the topic readings do you find the most interesting? What is your view of the analysis of disease and healing in the readings? Explain.
Worldview Analysis and Personal Inventory
Based on the required topic Resources, write a reflection about worldview and respond to following:
- In 250-300 words, explain the Christian perspective of the nature of spirituality and ethics in contrast to the perspective of postmodern relativism within health care.
- In 250-300 words, explain what scientism is and describe two of the main arguments against it.
- In 750-1,000 words, answer each of the worldview questions according to your own personal perspective and worldview:
- What is ultimate reality?
- What is the nature of the universe?
- What is a human being?
- What is knowledge?
- What is your basis of ethics?
- What is the purpose of your existence?
Remember to support your reflection with the topic Resources.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.