What is your assessment of the situation at Travelink at the end of the case? What are the underlying problems in the organization? If you found yourself in Will or Robert’s situation, what would you do? Why?
Travelink Solutions Case Study (100 points)
Read the case study “Travel Solutions” at the end of Chapter 7 of your textbook, follow the following directions and then respond to the case study questions
A case study is a puzzle to be solved, so before reading and answering the specific questions, develop your proposed solution by following these five steps:
- Read the case study to identify the key issues and underlying issues. These issues are the principles and concepts of the course module, which apply to the situation described in the case study.
- Record the facts from the case study which are relevant to the principles and concepts of the module. The case may have extraneous information not relevant to the current module. Your ability to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant information is an important aspect of case analysis, as it will inform the focus of your answers.
- Describe in some detail the actions that would address or correct the situation.
- Consider how you would support your solution with examples from experience or current real-life examples or cases from textbooks.
- Complete this initial analysis and then read the discussion questions. Typically, you will already have the answers to the questions but with a broader consideration. At this point, you can add the details and/or analytical tools required to solve the case.
Case Study Questions:
- What is your assessment of the situation at Travelink at the end of the case? What are the underlying problems in the organization?
- If you found yourself in Will or Robert’s situation, what would you do? Why?
- If Will and Robert both decide to stay and try to advance needed changes, what changes would you recommend they focus on and how would you recommend they go about it? Would you, for example, share Will’s documentation of the problems within the company? Why or why not?
- Have you ever been in a situation where you were a recipient of change and things went poorly? How did it affect you and others in the organization?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4-5 pages in length, which does not include the title and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into the Turnitin Originality Check prior to submitting it to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment into the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check – Student Guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.