Case Study 3: Choice Hotels International
Due Week 9 and worth 140 points
Read the case study titled “Choice Hotels International” found at the end of Chapter 17 and linked here as a PDF.
Write a fully developed paper in which you:
- Assess the two distinct networking functions.
- Analyze the issues Choice is likely to experience as it expands its network to full global reach. Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Critique the Choice implementing free high-speed Internet access for all guests in its Clarion Hotels and Comfort Suites from the security point of view.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the internal mechanisms and user-network interfaces that have been developed to support voice, data, and multi-media communications over long-distance networks.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.