Trait behavior and influence | Computer Science homework help
One of the first systematic attempts to study leadership is the Trait Approach. Trait behavior is positively correlated to ‘influence.’ According to Rendall (2006), Influence with others are the most basic element of leadership. The Trait Approach focuses on identifying innate qualities and characteristics possessed by great social, political and military leaders. The Trait Approach also includes traits to either ‘possess’ or ‘cultivate’ if one seeks to be perceived by others as a leader (i.e. Intelligence, Self-Confidence or Determination).
Former NBA player, Michael Jordan is known as the GOAT (greatest of all times). According to Michael Jordan,
One day, you might look up and see me playing the game at 50. Don’t laugh. Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.I can accept failure, but I can’t accept not trying.Click the link below and view Michael Jordan’s commercial, “Maybe,” on YouTube.
- What is the main message of the commercial?
- What do the supporting images tell viewers about Jordan’s extraordinary career? Recall specific examples.
- What traits of Jordan’s are suggested by this commercial?
- What traits were demonstrated to positively influence the follower?
- In way ways might thee traits of an excellent leader be demotivating to a follower?
Use the video https://youtu.be/9zSVu76AX3I