To prepare for this Discussion:
- First, review/read the following Business SkillsTranscript (attached)
- Then, think about a time in your professional life in which you asked one or more critical questions that helped to bring about positive change within your organization.
****Post an analysis of the role of questioning in effecting positive change within an organization, to include the following: (Assignment should be 300 words or more)
- Describe a time in your professional life in which you asked one or more critical questions that helped to bring about positive change (i.e., played a significant role in a favorable outcome) within your organization. In your description, include what question(s) you asked.
- In addition to identifying what your questions were, analyze the way in which you asked your question(s) in the situation and its impact on the outcome.
- Specifically, describe in what ways you tailored your approach to how you asked the question(s) based on your specific audience (i.e., to support open dialogue and information sharing in order to keep the other party or parties from getting defensive).
- Reflecting on the situation, and based on any insights gained from the video, analyze what you might do differently if faced with a similar situation in the future.