Visual cortex of the cerebrum
Bonus Assignment 4: Review Questions for Ch 14 (+10pts)
*Please use another color for your answers*
- What is the difference between the visual cortex of the cerebrum and the visual association cortex?
- Name a sensory cranial nerve and describe its function.
Name a motor cranial nerve and describe its function.
- Describe a situation/a specific reason which would cause a stroke.
- List the meningeal layers from outermost towards the innermost layer.
Which brain structure is part of the brainstem?
a. pituitary b. thalamus c. cerebellum d. medulla e. pineal body
The hormone melatonin is produced by the:
- pituitary b. pineal c. hypothalamus d. ventricles e. basal nuclei
Which cerebral lobe is associated with vision?
a. parietal b. insula c. temporal d. occipital e. frontal
The motor speech area of the brain, controlling muscles involved in vocalization, is also called:
- Broca’s Wernicke’s c. primary motor cortex d. mesencephalon
Which of the ventricles are the largest?
- lateral b. third c. fourth d. fifth
The MAIN arteries carrying oxygenated blood to the brain—__________ arteries.
- jugular b. cranial c. aortic d. carotid e. venous
The location where cerebrospinal fluid is produced/secreted from plasma.
- subarachnoid space b. central canal c. dura mater d. choroid plexus
Hydrocephalus is caused by:
- the osmotic flow of water in the brain b. obstruction of channels where CSF flows
- the accumulation of blood in ventricles d. a stroke
Spinal fluid flows within the spinal cord and brain, inside of the:
- subarachnoid space b. epidural space c. dura mater d. choroid plexus
The cranial that enervates muscles of expression, as well as taste buds:
- glossopharyngeal b. trigeminal c. facial d. hypoglossal