Social work paper written about the movie Philadelphia with Tom Hanks.
APA style with refrence page
3 peer reviewed professional journal articles.
6 pages long.
This assignment is utilizing popular media (films, Movies) as the basis for an analysis of understanding human behavior in his or her environment. In the movie Philadelphia with Tom Hanks, you will watch the movie an write a short paper (6 pages) which represents stereotyping, discrimination, oppression, and injustice found in your movie. APA style with 3 peer reviewed professional journal articles.
1. Introduction: One page
– Describe the theme primarily depicted in the movie Philadelphia
– Briefly describe the main plot of the movie
– Provide a rationale for why the group depicted in the movie is a population at risk
2. Analysis: four pages- (use your references in this section)
-Describe examples of stereotyping, discrimination, oppression, and injustice found in the movie Philadelphia. Be sure to share your rationale along with 3 peer reviewed professional journal articles.
– Describe any evidence of intergenerational transmission of these life ways if presented. if not presented state this.
– Capture one scene of the movie you watched that you think makes the most powerful statement about the central theme upon which it is based. Include your rationale for selecting this particular scene. Describe the scene briefly and its relevance to your paper.
3. Conclusion: one page
– What are the implications for social workers who serve clients representing the groups in the movie?
– Discuss what you learned about yourself through watching the movie and completing the assignment.