Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
Assignment 1: Discussion—Employee Health and Safety: A Global Perspective
BANKS Industries is currently operating in both the United States and China. As a US-based company, BANKS is accustomed to conforming to US law regarding employee health and safety. However, Chinese law is different and, in many cases, offers looser standards for employee protection.
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, respond to the following:
- From a global perspective, should the company operate under the laws that are provided in each country of operation or should it adhere to the higher standard regardless of where it operates? Justify your answer.
- Is this a legal issue, an ethical issue, or both? Justify your answer.
- Cite at least one example of differences in health or safety standards that BANKS should consider as it moves forward. Explain why this standard should be considered.
By Saturday, August 5, 2017, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Monday, August 7, 2017, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
**** NOTE: Responded to a minimum of two peers in a timely manner. Offered points of view supported by research, asked challenging questions that promoted discussion and drew relationships between one or more points in the discussion. Thank you…..