Option #1: Staffing and Development (Supplemental Healthcare is the company )
The final project Portfolio Assignment requires you to build a professional document incorporating the central lessons you have learned throughout this course. For this Portfolio Assignment, please select an organization that you work for or one that you are familiar with. Then, complete the following:
- Provide an organizational profile that includes information about the organization’s mission, vision, culture, and strategy. This information, aside from the mission, should be explained in your own words.
- Explain the organization’s industry, provide information about its competitors, and provide details about how the organization can differentiate itself from other organizations within the industry.
- Compare your organization to any one of the organizations in the article “Building talent: The very best of 2017,” found in the required readings. The comparison that you provide should provide details regarding how your organization differs in terms of talent recruitment, selection, and retention, as well as how your organization measures up in terms of training and development opportunities.
- Identify how your organization assesses employee performance and explore the strengths and weaknesses of your selected organization’s performance management system.
- Explain how your organization can utilize the principles outlined in the book entitled The carrot principle: How the best managers use recognition to engage their people, retain talent, and accelerate performance to ensure a strong workplace environment.
- For this assignment, refer to the area of the Writing Center entitled Writing an Effective Essay. You may also want to view the sample paper entitled APA Sample Paper.
- You can download and save the APA Template Paper from this page as your own paper and replace the placeholders with your own information. This template is already formatted in APA style according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA. Do not change the formatting of this template.
- Write a 10-12 page paper, or about 4200 words, not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
- Your paper must be properly cited and formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
- Include a formal references page. This is an individual paper; however, you should reflect on our discussion forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
- You must support your analysis with at least five scholarly references, and can include resources from this course.
- The CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a good place to find these sources. You cannot use Wikipedia or any CSU-Global assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
- A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
- A government-based website or publication.
- A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org.