- Analyze the compensation professionalâ€™s goals to determine which would be the most difficult for you to realize. Discuss ways you might be able to overcome these difficulties.
- Create a list of five best practices that any organization could use to leverage a compensation system for positive impact. Provide specific examples to support your response
- Determine how Sportsmanâ€™s human resources practices should assess existing practices to best support their shift in competitive strategy. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Determine the kinds of challenges Sportsman will face specifically in the area of compensation and which competitive strategy will serve them best in the future. Explain your rationale
- From the e-Activity, determine how the law you researched influences compensation strategies for all companies directly affected by the law in your state. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Some people say that unions make it more difficult for companies to attain competitive advantage. Explain why you agree or disagree with this statement.
- Analyze the various codes and acts regarding discretionary employee benefits discussed in Chapter 2 and determine which code or law has had the greatest impact on the largest number of organizations. Explain your rationale.
- Building on the same analysis, determine the most likely issue regarding discretionary employee benefits and a likely law that would address the issue. Provide specific examples to support your response.
Â· Seniority/longivity rewards employees with periodic pay according to the length of years working with the company, plus their base pay.The advantages of seniority/longivity, there is a set amount of pay increase in advance, there is schedule time for employees award increase, because employees will leave a company if there is not a salary increase, therefore employers would lose valueable employees who knowledge, skills which generates productive. The disadvantage is employees, knowing that there will be salary increase just because their time on the job, will not be motivated to actively improve their skills and be more productive.
Â· The type of pay structure would benefit the company the most is merit pay program, because employees earns permanent merit increases based on their performance. The increases reward excellent effort or results, motivate future performance, and help employers retain valued employees.
“Internal Consistency at Customer First” Please respond to the following:
Â· Determine how job analysis and job evaluation could be used at Customers First to develop an internally consistent compensation system.
Â· Determine whether or not you agree with Joanâ€™s view on job analysis and job evaluation. Explain your rationale
- Analyze the link between well-designed performance appraisals and merit pay and make at least two (2) recommendations for improving the strength of that link across the greatest number or organizations. Provide your rationale.
- Examine the limitations of merit pay programs to determine which limitation is the most difficult to overcome and suggest ways to overcome these limitations. Provide specific examples to support your response
- From the e-Activity, compare and contrast the likely success of individual incentives, group incentives, and companywide incentives for improving employee performance.
- Referring to the same company, create an outline for an incentive pay program that would benefit employees and the company / organization. Provide specific examples to support your response
- From the e-Activity, determine if a person-focused pay system would benefit the company you researched. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Analyze the advantages to employees and to employers of a person-focused pay program to determine if this would be a good approach for all companies and organizations in the U.S. to pursue. Explain your rationale.
- Determine the best way to leverage compensation surveys to set the level of compensation for your current (or future) job position. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- From the e-Activity, determine how you would integrate internal job structures with external market pay rates to set a base pay rate for the position you researched.
- Argue for or against the argument that pay grades limit a companyâ€™s ability to achieve competitive advantage. Support your position.
- Argue for or against the argument that merit pay grids have the potential to From the e-Activity, determine how a person-focused pay program could benefit your current (or future) place of employment. Provide specific examples to support your response.
Â· Determine ways that broadbanding or two-tier wage plans could benefit your current (or future) place of employment. Provide specific examples to support your response undermine employee motivation. Support your position
- From the e-Activity, evaluate how well the company you researched leverages its discretionary benefits to both attract and keep employees.
- Assume the company you researched must drop 25% of the discretionary benefits it currently offers. Determine which benefits it should drop. Provide your rationale
- From the case study in Chapter 10, determine the advantages and disadvantages of implementing the health savings account (HSA) option and recommend at least one alternative to offering the HAS option.
- Recommend what Susan should do. Provide the rationale behind your recommendation
- Argue for or against the argument that employee benefits are seen by employees as an entitlement for their membership in companies. Support your position.
- Analyze the components of designing and planning a benefits program to predict what additional issues will need to come into consideration over the next 10 to 20 years. Provide your rationale
- From the case study in Chapter 11, argue for or against the hiring of part-time workers based on the issues surrounding providing part-time workers with benefits.
- Assuming that the firm should offer benefits to part-time workers, recommend which benefits should be offered. Provide your rationale.