PowerPoint on developmental disorder
Applying Neurobiological Concepts to an Activity of Daily Living
For this Assignment, you will recall concepts covered in your chapter readings that are biological in nature. Remember that psychology was created by combining physiology with philosophy. In the assignment, you will relate these concepts with an activity that you do on a daily basis.
Complete the Unit 4 Assignment Template (located in Course Documents) answering the following questions:
- Describe an activity that you do on a regular basis in your life.
- Define action potential and how it can relate to your chosen activity.
- Relate the concept of neurotransmitters to your activity and select which neurotransmitters could be involved.
- Explain the difference between sensations and perceptions considering how they relate to your chosen activity.
Writing Requirements and Assignment Guidelines
Your Assignment should be 2-4 pages, not including the Title and Reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and unit number, and date
- Body: Answer the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
- Reference Page: Sources in APA format
- Use Arial or Times New Roman 12 point font, double-spaced
- Use APA Formatting and Citation styleYou have been asked to present information on a developmental disorder in a faculty meeting at an elementary school. The principal has asked that you create a PowerPoint to be presented in the meeting as well as a handout that highlights some main points from your presentation that can be passed out to the teachers.Develop a 12-15-slide PowerPoint with information on one developmental disorder that you selected. Provide information about the disorder as well as information that may be beneficial to teachers working with a child diagnosed with the disorder.*Develop a complementary handout that includes additional resources that teachers could reference for more information or support.**Use three to five scholarly sources to support your finding, with an additional five resources on for the handout.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, including an APA formatted reference slide, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Include speaker notes below each slide. Expand upon the information included in the slide. Please ensure the speaker notes for each content-related slide include a minimum of 60 words with the usage of the proper in text citations.
*This is a graduate level course so write/present accordingly.
By the end of the course, you will be submitting your finalized grant application for grading by your professor. Your work doesn’t stop after submission, however. Once you receive a response from your grant application, you have some decisions to make.
In preparation for this Discussion, review this module’s Learning Resources. Consider how you might respond if your grant is approved, or if your application is rejected. With this in mind:
By Day 3 of Week 11
Address the following in a Discussion board post:
- Explain strategies and best practices you might apply if you do/do not get funded.
- How would you respond to funder feedback?
- Now, imagine that you do get funded. Please explain how you will respond to the administrative matters (i.e., reporting, managing staff, project management, etc.).
- Briefly describe record-keeping strategies for your project.
Be sure to support your analysis and conclusions with citations and references in APA format from the Learning Resources and your own research.
Now I want you to convey your understanding of a research article: summary of the article (Question 6) and critique of the article (Question 7). You will need to write one paragraph for each question independently. Here are the requirements for your writing:
a) Write no more than 10 sentences, the max word count is 250.b) In-text citation and direct quotes are not needed.c) You cannot directly copy and paste the sentences/phrases (expect professional phrases) from the original article. You must use your own words (so called “paraphrase”) to summarize. Each student’s writing should and must be different even for group members in the same group. Copying and pasting is regarded as plagiarism behavior.d) Font: Times New Roman; Font size: 12; Spacing: Double
6. Write one paragraph to summarize and paraphrase a) the design the authors used for their project, b) identify the independent and dependent variables, c) talk about how the authors carried out their study (the methods), and then d) summarize the results. Make sure to follow above-mentioned requirements.
7. Write one paragraph to address reliability and validity of the study. Specifically, how reliable and valid is the study? Why? Make sure to think of what reliability and validity mean and apply to the study. Merely mentioning it is valid or reliable is not enough – you have to give plausible reasons to support your ideas. Make sure to follow above-mentioned requirements.