Apply a model of cultural competence to personal practice beliefs. For this assignment:
1. Reflect on the 5 constructs of Campinha-Bacote’s model of The Process of
Cultural Competence in the Delivery of Healthcare Services: Cultural desire,
Cultural Awareness, Cultural Knowledge, Cultural Skill, and Cultural
Encounters. (See Chapter 2)
2. Review the Mission statements and values of St. Thomas University and its
3. Reflect on your learning during this course.
4. Evidence of reflection on Campinha-Bacote’s cultural competency model
and/or STU mission and values.
5. Your personal beliefs.
6. Your philosophy statement(s) related to culturally competent nursing care.
7. Implementing your beliefs.
8. Continuing your journey towards cultural competence.
Your paper should be formatted per current APA and references should be
current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary
legal sources (statutes, court opinions)
The paper is to be clear and concise, and students will lose points for improper
grammar, punctuation and misspelling.
The paper is to be no shorter than 1 page; nor longer than 2 pages in length,
excluding the title, abstract and references page.
Incorporate a minimum of 2 current (published within last five years) scholarly
journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your
work. Journal articles and books should be referenced according
to current APA style