NURSING: THEORY AND RESEARCH Assignment 1: Concept Analysis Paper
Concept selected: Patient Advocacy-NURSING: THEORY AND RESEARCH
1. A definition of the concept utilizing various sources
2. Define the criteria of the concept
a. Discuss the uses of the concept
b. Define the attributes of the concept
c. Identify antecedents and consequences
3. Theoretical perspectives of the concept (theories that use the concept)
4. Provide an example of the significance of the concept to nursing practice from the
5. The scholarly paper should be 5-6 pages excluding the title and reference pages.
6. The paper should include level 1 and level 2 headings.
7. The paper should begin with an introductory paragraph that includes the purpose
statement. The introductory paragraph and purpose
statement allow the reader to understand what the paper/assignment is going to address.
8. The paper should include a conclusion.
9. Write the paper in third person, not first or second person (meaning do not use â€˜weâ€™ or â€˜Iâ€™ or â€œyouâ€).
10. Include a minimum of three (3) references from professional peer-reviewed nursing journals (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) to support the paper. Students may use the course textbook in addition to scholarly journals.
***Historical references may be used as appropriate.
(Definition of historical reference: reference to a well-known person, place event or
literary work that adds meaning to the paper.)
11. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference
page, and in-text citations).
12. Submit the assignment to through the Canvas assignment link to Turnitin prior to
the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed changes.
13. Review the originality report and make any needed changes