Medicaid and the Middle Class
Part I: Medicaid is not just for low-income people. The American middle class benefits significantly from the Medicaid program. In a 4 page synopsis, analyze a specific Medicaid program that seeks to benefit the middle class in the state in which you reside. Please keep in mind the position and facility you selected. Make sure to include the following:
a. Discuss the purpose of the program.
b. Describe whether the program is effective and offer evidence to support your rationale.
c. Discuss other viewpoints or opposing viewpoints to the program.
d. This portion of your assignment will require you to research and examine information from various sources. Use a minimum of five credible sources for your paper, with three being an academic source from the Rasmussen College Online Library (don’t forget to include in-text citations throughout your paper with paraphrasing or quoting)
e. Make sure to include your APA formatted reference page.
Part II: It’s tough for healthcare professionals to keep up with all the programs offered through the government. Based on the position and facility you selected, create a one-page information sheet for our staff that they can use to answer questions. SkillSurfer in the online tutoring platform offers beginner, intermediate, and advanced tutorials on Microsoft Office products.
a. The information sheet should give your staff enough information to have an educated conversation with a patient about their healthcare coverage options through Medicaid.
b. Make sure to use audience specific language and tone in your information sheet. Remember, you are writing this information sheet for your staff.
c. Be creative and make your information sheet fun and organized.
Assignment 2: Discussion—Leadership Challenges in Today’s Environment
There are some who argue that leaders face unprecedented demands as we enter the 21st century. The pace of organizations is faster than ever due to technology advances and impatience in stakeholder groups. There is increased diversity due to globalization. The workforce is more nomadic; few people today spend their entire careers in a single company. This puts a lot of pressure on leaders and may demand new or evolved competencies.
Using the module readings, Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, including general organizational sources like the Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, or Harvard Business Review, research the demands facing 21st century leaders.
Then, respond to the following:
- What are the challenges facing leaders in today’s environment? Consider both internal and external challenges within an organization.
- Describe the impact of those challenges on today’s leaders. Explain how leaders need to respond to them.
- Discuss at least three–four core competencies that you think leaders need to be effective in today’s environment. Explain how these competencies will address the challenges you identified.
By Saturday, September 2, 2017, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Monday, September 4, 2017, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
**** NOTE: Responded to a minimum of two peers in a timely manner. Offered points of view supported by research, asked challenging questions that promoted discussion and drew relationships between one or more points in the discussion. Thank you…..