leadership approaches and models in health care
Leadership models and theories help define approaches for creating effective behaviors within specific situations or environments. Examine contemporary leadership models and theories and in a 1,000-1,250-word paper, explain why these models or theories are effective tools for leaders who serve in health care organizations. Include the following:
- Discuss the correlation between effective leadership and organizational performance in health care.
- Discuss why it is important for regulatory professionals to practice good leadership. Outline effective strategies for regulatory leadership and explain why these are essential in health care.
- Describe how the concept of stewardship from servant leadership relates to a Christian worldview. Explain how stewardship relates to professional responsibility, how it can be applied in a health care setting that serves diverse populations, and the potential benefits for stakeholders and the organization overall.
- Distinguish between informal and formal leadership. Explain how informal leaders influence others and how this impacts a health care organization.
- Select one additional theory or model that you think would be effective for a health care leader to employ. Provide an overview of the model or theory and explain what aspects would be effective and why.
A minimum of three academic references from credible sources are required for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.