Law homework help
- Law homework help 1. After a defendant receives a guilty verdict, there is more work to be done. This assignment allows you to explore sentencing options as you continue to think about the case your learning team worked on in Week 3. Read the ruling carefully and return to the case specifics in Week 3 if you need a refresher. Refer to How Courts Work: Steps in a Trial: Plea Bargaining from the American Bar Association website as you work on this assignment.The ruling for State v. Stu Dents is in and the defendant, your law firm’s client, was found guilty. As a paralegal, your task now is to help the attorney consider the sentencing options for the client and determine what to propose to the court.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word sentencing proposal in which you address the following:
- Formulate 2 distinct sentencing arguments.
- Identify the desired outcome of each punishment. Is a plea bargain a consideration? If so, what is that desired outcome?
- Identify alternative and intermediate sanctions.
- Explain how the Eighth Amendment influences the outcomes of this case.
- Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
- Threats to Emotional Objectivity Essay
- Assignment 2
- Consider a series of potential threats to your objectivity and write an essay response. Consider the following:
- How might your own social roles (e.g., son, daughter, mother, father, student, ex-husband or wife, caretaker, etc.) be a source of interference and loss of objectivity when encountering certain individuals or specific problems in your workplace? (Please be certain to discuss your specific faith belief system in this section, as that tends to be a significant part of one’s identity).
- Identify at least 2 “themes” or “issues” that arouse an emotional response (i.e., frustration, anger, disappointment, exasperation, overwhelming sadness, etc.) in you. For example, themes of emotional dependency, victimization, anger-management problems, irresponsibility, poor moral choices, authority, etc. Then discuss how these themes might interfere with your ability to remain objective while encountering a person presenting with similar concerns. Again, please comment on how this may or may not interfere with your faith beliefs. You may choose to use each of these three questions as separate subheadings in your essay.
The essay should be 3-4 pages of text, plus a title page and reference page. No abstract needed. Paper should be in proper APA format. Please remember proper in-text citations. Please review the APA publication manual or Purdue OWL website as a resource
- Why do you believe schedule issues often cause the most conflicts on projects. Why is it difficult to use project management software well? Discuss below three suggestions for improving IT project quality.
· Strong Leadership
· Understanding the cost of quality
· Providing a good work place
Note: 500 words with intext citations with 5 references must.