Unit 2: Module 2 – M2 Assignment 1 Discussion
Assignment 1: Discussion Question: Effective Questioning
By Saturday, January 24, 2015 respond to the discussion question assigned Submit your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Use the sameDiscussion Area to comment on your classmates’ submissions and continue the discussion until Wednesday, January 28, 2015.
|Use the Respond link to post responses and materials that pertain to this assignment. Use the Respond link beneath any existing postings to respond to them.|
Assignment 1: Discussion Question
Jacob, a 13-year-old male, is caught shoplifting a hoodie at a local department store. Security detained Jacob and called the police. Jacob was then interviewed at the local police station. His parents were called and attended his interview with the detective.
The detective asks Jacob, â€œWhy did you take the garment? Didnâ€™t you think you would be caught? What did you think your parents would say? Why did you do such a stupid thing?â€
- What do you think is wrong in this scenario?
- What do you think Jacob is feeling?
- What do you think Jacobâ€™s nonverbal behavior would exhibit?
- If you were the detective, how would your questions differ? Give an example of three questions you would have presented Jacob.
- What type of interview strategy would you have used?
- In what type of environment would you conduct the interview?
Respond to at least two other posts and cite, as appropriate, the online course, the textbook, and other credible, scholarly sources to substantiate the points you are making.
This section lists options that can be used to view responses.
|Expand All||Print View||Show Options|
|Sort byResponse||Sort byAuthor||Sort byDate/Time*|