DQ #4 TOPIC: Servant Leadership in a movie, book, or drama film you have enjoyed.
Based on our readings from:
Lead Like Jesus (Blanchard, Hodges, & Hendry, 2016),
Jesus on Leadership (Wilkes, 1998)
and thus far in the lectures of LDRS 300;
A Servant Leader models Jesus by having the following leadership traits:
- Is a Follower First. (Wilkes, 1998)
- Takes Risks. (Wilkes, 1998)
- Shares Responsibility and Authority. (Wilkes, 1998)
- Practices the Being Habits or Doing Habits. (Blanchard, Hodges, & Hendry, 2016)
- Embodies the Vision, Mission, and Values of the group. (Blanchard, Hodges, & Hendry, 2016)
- Is a Performance Coach. (Blanchard, Hodges, & Hendry, 2016)
- Leads Positive Change. (Blanchard, Hodges, & Hendry, 2016)
I want you to choose a character from a MOVIE, BOOK or DRAMA and discuss the following question.
How did the character you chose display THREE (3) traits of a Servant Leader like Jesus from the list above?
- Give examples from the movie to support your position.
- Remember to cite the movie and the source of the Servant Leader trait you are writing about.
** Only one post per Movie, Book, or Drama is allowed.**
– NO duplicate posts of the same Movie, Book, or Drama.
General Guidelines for Discussion Forums:
- Each post is about 500 words in length, using full sentences and paragraphs.
- Each post must incorporate at least three (3) citations + a Reference list.
- All posts are clearly written and contain NO spelling or grammatical errors. Use APA Citations for all your sources and include an APA References list. (No Title Page or other APA formatting is required)
Outline for writing thoughtful posts: Grading
|S||State your idea (that is, your solution, problem, or concept) in a single sentence or two.||/20|
|E||Elaborate on your idea in your own words. Explain it at greater length extending your basic idea into a short paragraph. If the idea is quite complex or abstract use a metaphor, analogy, or word picture to help illustrate your understanding.||/35|
|E||Exemplify your idea by giving concrete examples (and counterexamples). Your examples may be personal and/or take the form of supporting citations (and counter citations). Use Academic Arguments with evidence of critical thinking using: They said – I say format.||/35|
|*||Spelling, Grammar and Use of APA format. Two (3) citations + Reference list.||/ 10|
Write your reply to the question in a Word document, and then copy and paste your reply into the DROPBOX provided. DO NOT Work or Write in the Moodle program, as it will freeze, and you will lose all your work.