History week 6 | American history homework help
I need you to read the article and answer the following questions. 160 words minimum. NO CITATION NO PLAGARISM
Congressman Arthur L. Miller Gives “the Putrid Facts” About Homosexuality” (1950)
1. How does Congressman Miller characterize homosexuals? Be specific and provide examples.
2. Why, according to the Congressman, do homosexuals represent a threat to national security? Explain.
3. Do you think many Americans would’ve found the Congressman’s argument persuasive? Why or why not?
4. What other groups were targeted as immoral, un-American, and unpatriotic during the Cold War, and why?
5. How did Cold Warriors reconcile the persecution of certain social groups in the U.S. with the claim that the U.S. stands for freedom and equality?