Gastrointestinal Case Study
The following is a Gastrointestinal case study. CF is a 48-year-old man who presents for evaluation of heartburn. He denies current tobacco use but has a history of one ppd for 15 years. He consumes a glass of wine nightly, more on the weekends. He has a sedentary job.
He reports a burning feeling in his chest after eating. It is worse when he eats spicy foods or tomato sauce. He is sometimes awakened at night with these symptoms. He has tried over-the-counter antacids and histamine H2 receptor antagonists (H2RAs) with partial relief. He is on no regular medications. His examination today is normal. An upper gastrointestinal (GI) X-ray series reveals gastroesophageal reflux.
- What lifestyle modifications do you recommend for CF?
- Describe a rational drug choice for this patient. Be specific regarding what factors you would consider. Include pharmacokinetic and dynamic considerations for the pharmacological choices made. Also consider interactions and side effects.
- What counseling points about this medication do you give CF?
APA format, Cite three or more references, using at least one new scholarly resource that was not provided in the course materials.
Criminal Homework Help
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapters 1 and 2 of the course textbook.
This discussion will help you think about the varied research approaches and how they can be applied based on certain world views or the nature of the groups you wish to research. By choosing the best approach from the start, researchers are much more likely to get the best results to answer research questions. In your initial post, address the following:
- Select a research topic that interests you and also is an important social problem. Then, use the four combinations of worldviews, designs, and research methods in Figure 1.1 of Chapter 1 of the course text to discuss a project involving your selected research topic that brings together worldview, designs, and methods. Identify whether this would involve quantitative, qualitative, or mixed-methods research.
- Using the research project you have described above, state the essence of this study in one sentence and then write your research title. By doing this, you focus on the key elements of the study.
- Explain the key elements of your proposed study: What is the social problem? Which identity group in society is most affected by this social problem? Is there a particular place or other unique aspect which is important to note about your study?
- Next, list three keywords related to your topic and use these keywords to do a database search for journal articles on the topic in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. Indicate the three keywords in your post and list an example of a journal article found for each key word. (Note: Each journal article found must be listed in APA format.) Indicate if you needed to adjust your keywords in order to locate appropriate journal articles for your study, and explain that process.
Powerpoint Presentation Homework
Please use the attached DNP-DPI Project and Sample PowerPoint to complete this assignment
In this topic, you will participate with your full DPI Committee in the DPI Completed Project – Defense PowerPoint and Call. This meeting requires that you present your finalized DPI Project in PowerPoint form.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Remember to use the appropriate forms and templates (if required) for completing this assignment. These are available in the DNP PI Workspace in the DC Network.
· Locate the “Preparing for Your Final Direct Practice Improvement Project Defense” resource in the DNP-965 folder of the DNP PI Workspace of the DC Network.
· Locate the “DNP-965 Final Defense PowerPoint Template,” located in the DNP-965 folder in the DNP PI Workspace of the DC Network.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
· This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
· You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Completing the Benchmark – DPI Completed Project – Defense PowerPoint and Call is the required deliverable to progress through the DPI Project implementation and completion phases.
1. Use the “DNP-965 Final Defense PowerPoint Template,” located in the DNP-965 folder of the DNP PI Workspace in the DC Network, to create a PowerPoint presentation of your Final DPI Completed Project to be used during your DPI Completed Project – Defense PowerPoint and Call.
2. Attach a copy of the potential poster presentation concept for your DPI Project as per the format you and your DPI chairperson predetermined; the Benchmark DPI Completed Project – Defense PowerPoint and Call submission is incomplete without this element.