Firms whose products require | Marketing homework help
1. Firms whose products require ________ resources—oil, coal, platinum, zinc, silver—face
substantial cost increases as depletion approaches.
a. finite nonrenewable
b. finite renewable
e. near finite
2. The ________ market is the part of the qualified available market the company decides to
3. Jeanine would like to own a Mercedes but is unable to afford one at this time. Jeanine is part
of the ________ market for this product.
4. Which of the following organizations is likely to use the multiple-factor index method to
estimate the market potential?
a. a firm that manufactures fashionable clothes for teenagers
b. a firm that manufactures auto parts
c. a company that provides website development services for small businesses
d. a company that manufactures diagnostic machines for hospitals
e. a firm that provides facility management services to large offices
5. Marketing ________ provide diagnostic information about how and why we observe certain
effects in the marketplace, and what that means to marketers.
a. mix models
b. information systems
6. You are the marketing research director of a medium-sized manufacturing firm and you would like to engage an outside marketing research firm to conduct field interviews. Which of the following options category of marketing research firms should you use?
a. syndicated-service research firms
b. custom marketing research firms
c. global research management firms
d. brand management specialty research firms
e. specialty-line marketing research firms
7. A company would like to study the impact of advertising expenditure on sales and sales
revenue. This is an example of ________ research.
8. ________ data are data that were collected for another purpose and already exists.
9. “Truancy should be checked in schools: 1) Strongly disagree, 2) Disagree, 3) Neither
agree nor disagree, 4) Agree, 5) Strongly agree.” This is an example of a ________.
a. Likert scale
b. semantic differential
c. Thematic Appreciation Test (TAT)
d. dichotomous question
e. multiple choice question
10. ________ attached to television sets in participating homes now record when the set is on and
to which channel it is tuned.
b. GPS systems
11. Which of the following is an advantage of personal interviews?
a. It facilitates anonymous responses.
b. The possibility of interviewer bias is minimized.
c. Participants can choose to respond at their own convenience.
d. Interviewers can record additional observation about the respondent such as body
e. It is a relatively inexpensive method of gathering information.
12. Which of the following is an advantage of online research?
a. Online research is relatively free of technological problems and inconsistencies.
b. Samples are generally representative of the target population.
c. People tend to be honest and thoughtful online.
d. Members of online panels and communities tend to have low turnover.
e. Online research is slow but gather detailed information.
13. According to marketing consultant, Pat LaPointe, the ________ metrics measurement pathway
of the marketing dashboard reflects how prospects become consumers.
14. In the modern customer-oriented organizational chart, which of the following is considered
to be at the top of the organizational pyramid?
a. front-line people
b. middle management
c. top management
15. A profitable customer yields a ________.
a. cost stream that exceeds the company’s revenue stream
b. revenue stream that exceeds by an acceptable amount his cost stream
c. cost stream that exceeds by an acceptable amount his revenue stream
d. revenue stream that exceeds the company’s cost stream
e. revenue stream that equals the company’s cost stream
16. Customer ________ is the process of carefully managing detailed information about individual
customers and all customer “touch points” to maximize loyalty.
a. profitability analysis
b. relationship management
c. satisfaction analysis
d. value delivery
e. lifetime value
17. Sapphire Toys actually sells more than toys. It also sells branded clothing, music CDs, and
books for children. This expansion of dealership sales offerings is an attempt to increase the
value of the customer base by ________.
a. increasing the longevity of the customer relationship
b. reducing the rate of customer defection
c. making low-profit customers more profitable
d. enhancing the growth potential of each customer through cross-selling
e. terminating low-profit customers
18. LifeTime Insurance screens its customers and tries to get unprofitable customers to buy
services from competitors. This is an example of ________.
a. terminating the relationship with low-profit customers
b. enhancing the growth potential of each customer through up-selling
c. reducing the rate of customer defection
d. increasing the longevity of the customer relationship
e. trying to increase the retention rate for low-profit customers
19. Many banks and phone companies now charge fees for once-free services to ensure minimum
customer revenue levels. This helps the banks to ________.
a. enhance the growth potential for each customer through cross-selling
b. make low-profit customers more profitable
c. reduce the rate of customer defection
d. focus disproportionate effort on high-value customers
e. increase the longevity of the customer relationship
20. Some customers inevitably become inactive or drop out. The challenge for marketers is to
reactivate them through ________ strategies.
21. The process of building, maintaining, and using customer databases and other databases for
the purpose of contacting, transacting, and building customer relationships is called
a. data warehousing
b. permission marketing
c. data mining
d. participatory marketing
e. database marketing
22. ________ is the study of how individuals, groups, and organizations select, buy, use, and
dispose of goods, services, ideas, or experiences to satisfy their needs and wants.
a. Mind mapping
b. Consumer behavior
c. Target marketing
d. Product differentiation
e. Consumer activism
23. Social classes differ in media preferences, with upper-class consumers often preferring
________ and lower-class consumers often preferring television.
a. magazines and books
c. music downloads
d. video or computer games
24. Identify an economic circumstance that can greatly affect any product or brand choice.
e. borrowing power
25. Ford motors, uses the ad caption “Magnify the Adventure” to promote its latest SUV, the Ford Endeavour. The ad features the car traveling through an uneven, rocky terrain. Within the context of Jennifer Aaker’s brand personality analysis, Ford Endeavour is most likely to be strong on which of the following traits?