Examine how the outcomes from climate change on public health will differ between developed and developing countries.
- This week you will write a paper on the potential public health impacts of climate change on different parts of the world. Many experts predict that climate change will impact different parts of the world in different ways. Some areas of the world may see increased periods of drought while others may experience increased periods of flooding (IPCC, 2007).
In addition, developing countries will most likely be impacted more severely than developed countries (United Nations Development Program [UNDP], n.d.).
Using the Argosy University online library resources and reliable Internet resources, prepare a paper on three of the most important examples of how climate change will impact public health. Be sure to address the following:
- Examine how the outcomes from climate change on public health will differ between developed and developing countries.
- Describe what the future will be like for these public health issues as climate change becomes more severe.
- Explain the mitigation and response plans in place to ameliorate the effects of these changes.
- Assess the feasibility of these plans. If you could design a plan to address this issue, would it differ from current plans? If so, how?
Be sure to support your positions with scholarly references—including a reference list—and appropriate examples.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, March 13, 2013, deliver your assignment to the M4: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). (2007). IPCC fourth assessment report: Climate change 2007 (AR4). New York, NY: Cambridge University Press. Retrieved from
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). (n.d.). Environment and energy: Climate change and CDM. Retrieved from
Assignment 2 Grading CriteriaMaximum Points Appropriately selected three of the most important examples of how climate change will impact public health.16 Adequately evaluated the three examples in terms of their outcomes, the future of these issues, and mitigation and response plans.24 Assessed the feasibility of the mitigation and response plans, including a recommendation to improve the existing plans.24 Supported statements with scholarly references and appropriate examples.16 Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.20 Total:100