Essay/worksheet | Psychology homework help
Visit the website of The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation, an organization dedicated to altruistic pursuits.
Review the information, literature, and downloadable documents.
Design your own assignment in which you implement five acts of kindness (pro-social behavior). Use your discretion, common sense, and modesty at all times. Do not put yourself in an environment of potential danger or harm.
Write a paper of 500-750 words, in which you:
- Describe your implementation of kindness: what did you do, how did you approach the idea, where did you implement it and to whom?
- Describe the reactions you perceived from others and yourself.
- Describe what you learned about prosocial behavior from this exercise. Compare the actual application of the behavior relative to this topic material.
- If you are a faith-based person, explain how your faith helped you implement your helping behavior. If you are not a faith-based person, explain what philosophy, belief system, or values you connected to helping behavior.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
PSY-362 Social Psychology and Cultural Applications
Stanford Prison Experiment
Directions: Answer each of the questions below with a of 200-words. Use scholarly research to support your answers. Include APA in-text citations in your answers where necessary and list your reference at the end of the document.
1. Do you think that kids from an urban working-class environment would have broken down emotionally in the same way as did the middle-class prisoners? Why? What do you suppose the outcome would have been if women were used a prisoners and guards instead of men? Explain.
2. While the Stanford Prison experiment is considered unethical, what usefulness has come from the experimental outcomes? Was it right to trade the suffering experienced by participants for the knowledge gained by the research? Explain how the experiment and consequently the suffering has added to current research in the field of social psychology.
3. Knowing what this research says about the power of prison situations to have a corrosive effect on human nature, what recommendations would you make about changing the correctional system in your country?