Due Week 6 and worth 280 points: Employee compensation and benefits
Employee compensation and benefits assignment
You have recently been appointed head of human resources and are now in charge of managing a small team. Your next project is to revamp the compensation and benefits package employees are receiving at your company. Design a plan for the human resource project without the use of MS Project or similar software. Note: You will have to make assumptions or create fictitious data for this assignment. Be clear about these assumptions and data for your professor to follow along.
Write a eight to eleven (11) page paper in which you:
- Construct a project charter to revamp the compensation and benefits package.
- Design a communication plan for the project.
- Define the scope of the project.
- Create a work breakdown structure including numbered components. Submit your WBS by creating a table inside your assignment.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic (peer-reviewed)resources in this assignment.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine the characteristics of a successful project plan.
- Deconstruct the project planning process and how that affects human resource management.
- Identify the scope of projects and the structure of the accompanying work.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in managing human resource projects.
- Write clearly and concisely about managing human resource projects using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills. Click here to access the rubric for this assignment.
Assignment two: Create a sales representation
Select a product that you like or use. Using this product as a basis, design and write out the steps you would use to create a sales presentation on this product that includes the following components.
1. Write a minimum of two pages based upon steps presented on pages 188–209 in your textbook with specifics related to the product you have selected. Include the elements below in your description.
a. Describe the four common delivery methods of communicating ideas.
b. Recommend tips for speakers addressing the media.
c. Recommend visual and auditory aids.
d. Describe the strategies used to enhance the effectiveness of the message.
2. Write a one-page (minimum) business letter (sample on page 219 in your textbook) to your supervisor explaining your
3. Write a half-page memo (sample page 221 in your textbook) to your coworkers outlining the campaign.
4. Add a one-page summary of what you learned from this writing activity and how it will help you in your future career activities. Include in this section the challenges you faced.
Include all of the aforementioned writing pieces in one document, and write a concluding paragraph summing up what you have learned from this writing process. Include any challenges you faced. You may only use your textbook as a resource for this final project. This paper should be a minimum of four pages (not counting the title and reference pages). Use APA style.