Choose one of the four following visuals attached:
- Image courtesy of: Nike 2013 advertisement
- Image courtesy of: Parents magazine June 2011
- Image courtesy of: Harley Davidson advertisement
- Image courtesy of: Bank of America advertisement
In a 2-3-page APA formatted paper with an additional reference page (template here), analyze the strategic use of perceptual visual communication:
- Analyze how specific semiotic visuals in your chosen image affect different cultural perceptions (age, ethnicity, social group, etc.).
- Describe how each culture’s cognitive memories and experiences may affect how they perceive this image.
- Explain why cultural perception is important to consider when working with international or global cultures.
- Discuss why it is important to consider cultural perception when interacting with different age cultures and different social groupings.
Support the items above by including relevant quotes and paraphrases from academic/scholarly sources.
Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the “Assignment Format” page located on the Course Home page for specific format requirements.
The challenge for this chapter presents a case of a manager who must implement several unpopular changes that he/she does not agree with and that come on the heels of other recent changes. There has been no input into the change and it is implemented top-down. None of the recommended processes for successful change in this chapter have been implemented. There has not been a period of unfreezing, although some of the changes may be appropriate, and there was little freezing last time change was announced.
The case is relatively typical of what mid-level leaders face in many organizations. They are charged with putting in places changes without much warning or input. Imagine you are the manager in this situation.
1. Describe two (2) ways that you could you approach the team.
2. How much of your personal feeling should you share? Provide one (1) supporting fact to justify your position.
3. Describe four (4) key actions that you should take.