copa and cipa 4 – Best research writing services
Assignment 2: COPA and CIPA
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) are both intended to provide protections for children accessing the Internet. However, they both have had some opposition.
Write a paper in which you:
- Describe the main compliancy requirements and the protected information for both COPPA and CIPA.
- Analyze how COPPA and CIPA are similar and how they are different, and explain why there is a need for two different acts.
- Describe what you believe are the most challenging elements of both COPPA and CIPA to implement in order to be compliant.
- Speculate on why COPPA and CIPA define protection for different ages; COPPA defines a child as being under the age of 13 and CIPA defines a minor as being under the age of 17.
- Identify the main opposition to COPPA and CIPA based on research and speculate on whether they will be changed in the future based on the opposition.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your written paper must follow these formatting requirements:
This course requires use of new Student Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
(Note: You’ll be prompted to enter your Blackboard login credentials to view these standards.)
- Your paper should include a cover page.
- Your paper should be of sufficient length to fully develop your own ideas that address the items called for in the instructions, and not be filled with “filler” information. Write clearly and concisely.
- The paper should be double-spaced, 12-point font.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the concept of privacy and its legal protections.
- Describe legal compliance laws addressing public and private institutions.
- Use technology and information resources to research legal issues in information security.
- Write clearly and concisely about information security legal issues and topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.