Review the following resource:
For your Problem-Solution Analysis Paper for this week, refer to the Saray Perez v. Wyeth Laboratories Inc. case starting on page 271 of your text and then address the following questions:
- What is the Learned Intermediary Rule? Explain the context in which it became law.
- On what legal grounds does the majority believe that the Learned Intermediary Rule does not apply where drugs are advertised directly to consumers? How does the dissent view this issue?
- From a consumer perspective, what are the pros and cons of DTC advertising?
- Who are the major stakeholders in the pharmaceutical direct-to-consumer scenario? Does this type of marketing create “the greatest happiness for the greatest number,” in utilitarian terms? What might a deontological thinker say about DTC marketing?
Your responses to the questions posed should be in paragraph format.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- 3-4 pages (approx. 300 words per page), not including title page or references page
- 1-inch margins
- Double-spaced pages
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page with topic and name of student
- References page