1. Select a specific product (such as Diet Coke) and identify the maker/marketer of that product (such as Coca Cola Company). If the maker/marketer has a parent company, also identify the parent company.
2. Briefly discuss how the product fits in the marketer’s product line. Why does the marketer offer that product and how does it fit in the product line? In the example of Diet Coke, the product line is cola carbonated beverages. Diet Coke is part of the cola line and this specific product targets cola drinkers who want a lower-calorie content cola carbonated beverage. Other products in the product line are caffeine-free and flavored colas.
3. Briefly discuss how the product line fits in the marketer’s product mix. The product mix is the blend of products that the maker/marketer offers. In the example of Diet Coke, Coca Cola’s product mix includes carbonated beverages, waters, juices, energy drinks, and sports drinks. The carbonated beverage product line may be shrinking in terms of sales due to the trend among younger generational cohorts toward healthier beverages.
your timeline. If you are unfamiliar with these tools, please view the tutorial here.
In each segment of the timeline you should include:
- the year the technology was invented
- the name of the technology used
- a citation to the source of this element on the timeline.