Annotating and note taking | Education homework help. For this assignment, you need to select pages from a textbook, read and annotate the pages, and then create a set of notes based on the material you read and annotated.
Step 1: Review the marking (annotating) strategies from Chapter 6 (pp. 134-136).
Step 2: Select at least four consecutive pages from one of your college textbooks. You may select the textbook for this course (except pp. 129-133) or another textbook; however, no math textbooks are allowed for this assignment.
Step 3: Read and mark your annotations directly on the selected textbook pages. Your annotations may be handwritten (see example (Links to an external site.)) or electronically produced (see directions below). Your annotations should demonstrate your active involvement with the reading.
Annotating and note taking | Education homework help
Annotations should be varied and should appear throughout your selected pages. Use each of the following annotation types at least once or more:
- summarizing or paraphrasing in the margins
- identifying key terms
- defining unknown terms
- jotting down questions that occur to you as you read
- jotting down your reactions to the material
- adding explanations or elaboration
- providing additional examples
- underlining and highlighting (no more than 10-15% of your pages)
- color coding portions
*Add your name, the semester and year in which you are enrolled, and the professor’s name at the top of the first page of annotated text.
Step 4: Next, create a separate, detailed set of notes over the same material you read and annotated. The set of notes should be thorough, covering all major information in the selected pages. Your notes may be handwritten or typed. Use one of the following note-taking methods (read Chapter 5):
- Cornell Format
- Outline Format
- List Format
*Add your name, the semester and year in which you are enrolled, and the professor’s name at the top of the first page of your set of notes.
Step 5: Submit BOTH your annotated textbook pages and your set of notes in the assignment link. If you are taking this course online, you may need to scan or take a photo of any handwritten annotations or notes before uploading. If you are taking this course in a face-to-face setting, your professor may require you to submit your work in class.
How to Annotate the eBook Electronically in Word
- Click any LaunchPad links in Eagle Online Canvas.
- After being directed to LaunchPad, click the “Home” button at the top left-hand corner.
- Click the “eBook” button under the menu column to the left.
- Select at least 4 consecutive pages from the eBook (that cover important information / major concepts). Then, copy and paste the content of those pages to a Word document.
- Place your cursor at the location where you want to place the comment.
- Click the “Review” tab in the Ribbon and then click the “New Comment” button to type in your annotations (See Step 3 above).
- You can also highlight, underline, and color code in Word. Plus, you can use “Insert” to add arrows or other marks to emphasize terms or concepts. Using a variety of features in Word will help ensure your electronic annotations are varied (See Step 3 above).
Major Case Analysis Instructions
For this assignment, you are required to address an issue or problem faced by your company of choice and will analyze it using the techniques taught in this course. The write-up is limited to 12-15 double-spaced pages, not including a title page and exhibits (include as appendices).
SELECTING AN ORGANIZATION
Explore news/current events to locate a business that has a complex problem which needs to be addressed. The problem may be related to any business topic (i.e. accounting, marketing, legal, etc.).
It is suggested that you select a recent problem of a public company, which will ensure that you will have access to the information necessary to complete your project.
As you select an organizational problem for your class project, it is important that you select an organization that is interesting, possibly useful to you in your career, industry, or interests. An organization or industry you are interested in should give you better access to information.
USE THE 9-STEP CASE ANALYSIS PROCESS AS A GUIDE:
- Skim the case to get an overview of the situation.
- Read the case thoroughly to digest the facts.
- Carefully Review information in exhibits.
- Decide what the strategic issues are.
- Begin your analysis with some number crunching.
- Apply the concepts of strategic analysis.
- Check out conflicting opinions
- Support your opinions with reasons and evidence.
- Develop recommendations and an action plan.
Your analysis and recommendations should be supported with high-quality evidence, including textbooks and peer-reviewed academic journal articles covering the appropriate topics that apply to your specific problem from the following list:
- Business Communications
- Business Ethics
- Business Finance
- Business Integration and Strategic Management
- Business Leadership
- Global Dimensions of Business
- Information Management Systems
- Legal Environment of Business
- Quantitative Research Techniques/Statistics
NOTE: Rubric is attached.
Business problem article: https://finance.yahoo.com/new/delta-ceo-sees-path-to-recovery-despite-54-billion-loss-123724666.html
Consider what you learned in the IOP/480 Assessment Tools for Organizations course. Based on the workplace needs assessment you completed in Week 1, identify a change initiative to mitigate the performance gap.
Create an organizational readiness survey with 10 questions to measure employee perceptions and support for the change.
Create a pulse survey with 3 to 5 questions to measure employee satisfaction midway through a change effort.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word change strategy paper addressing the following:
- Strengths and challenges for the change adoption
- Issues relevant to leadership managing change
- Change leadership development
- Your understanding of the DISC assessment and how this tool can be integrated into change leadership
You must support opinions and any facts by citing credible sources in the body of the assignment and listing the references including at least two scholarly references in APA style. See Tips for Success article for Class Announcements for guidance on selecting scholarly references.
Submit the paper, the organizational readiness survey questions, and the pulse survey questions in a single file. The organizational readiness survey and pulse survey should be Appendix 1 and Appendix 2 to the paper.